Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Getting Started with Your Promethean Board and Promethean Planet

Some of you have Promethean boards in our rooms and some do not.   It is my hope that in the future, all teachers will have interactive whiteboards in their classroom.   Their is so much that teachers can do with this technology it is astounding.   Plus, children love watching and using it.      If you have a Promethean board in your classroom, the biggest hurdle is getting started with using this technology.   

Below you will find a link that provides many short videos (2-4 minutes) that will help you get started with your Promethean board and how to use it.


Another big suggestion I have for teachers that utilize the promethean board is to register for Promethean Planet!  This website offers numerous resources and already constructed Promethean board activities for any grade or subject.   Many of the Promethean board activities I used in my classroom were either exact copies of flipcharts I got from Promethean Planet or slightly modified flipcharts that I got from there. 

Below is a link to the site and directions on how to register

www.prometheanplanet.com

1.) Click on the register link in the top right corner of the webpage.
2.) Complete the registration steps.
3.) Your done!

As always, when I am in your building I am more than happy to help you with your Promethean board.   I can show you how to use basic/advanced tools when creating or using an interactive promethean flipchart or simply help you register for Promethean Planet and show you how to browse for resources.    Just shoot me an email so we can set up a time. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment